Saturday, May 26, 2007

the epitome of knowing and whats left in between

Where do i begin?

What makes me ready to speak
and speak ever so gently
fluency is key
key to reprimands
key to restitution
key to understandings.

but we
we, and I mean the heart-felt robots of this great society,
we have no need
we have no taste
we have no structure
as delicate
as intricate
as refined
as those before us.

progression captures our hope
but ties us back down
to the roots we breathe
and potentials we stretch.

how long must we wait
to be outside of this captivity
to be more than most
and most of less
measure me, measure me
for I have no lisp to stumble
yet no toes to step and step on
to leave my mark
my only mark
my light in the dark
simple and plain
yet centuries denied.

am i the first to ponder?
certainly not
only if you exclude vast majority
of those liberal minds
yet to bruise the universal peach
of train and thought
nay, i say
i am one of millions
starved each day
gasping for more
letting it slosh down my throat and spill out my thoughts
where do i stand
i am in the dark
looking for my peach.

when do i see the light?
literal and figurative
attention on so many levels
inside and out
out is what i really want
a garden to roam
a sea to swim
a seed to grow
all on my own.

now i listen
listen, listen
to my own whisper
its the best i can do
to speak ever so gently
because fluency is key
key to reprimands
key to restitution
key to understandings...
...and yet the key to this door
the light in my dark
the cure for the obscure.

just one more bubble to pop
just one more orange to peel
this is the beginning
here, here!
this is my beginning
the beginning of step 1: "Letting Go"

So here's to generations
tried and true
post-perfection
and all progression
the start to my own ends
i challenge thee to a duel
because i have found my peach
and bruised my skin
time and time again
for means to escape
and here it is.

I am ready to
speak
This is me
I am ready to let go.

No comments: