Saturday, March 8, 2008

Honey, Your Secret Is Safe With Me

Open up your eyes

Take on the world with barricades

On stationary lines

Beauty rests in time

Old and new secrets will unfold

With exposure of the waistline and down


But this is how I feel

When all that is devoted

To a temporary real

Ropes us closer to that

Cinematic kiss upon the spotlight

Substitute the fight

Neither caught me worse


Dead or alive

Hoping you’d see right through

The yellow tape and

Soak up my design

Spilled across the floor

Yet time commits the perfect crime

No questions left stuck to define

The reasons I deny


You and me

And the fragile states of consciousness

That allows us to be free

In the years that we say

Yet we hold to ourselves the motive

It’s enough to get carried away


Let’s make you realize

That the ending to a story

Should be on to not despise

Or even cast aside

My head reeks of your indifference

And the thought that you’ll be

Just right inside

But who am I to kid?

Says the one who the fought the fire

Is the just the same to let in

And it pulls me further out

To sea to drown in salt and lime

It troubles more than any kind

Of failure type to process this time


You and me

Are the only human specimens

That should be meant to be

Yet we fear what we say

And we hold to ourselves the motive

It’s enough to get carried away


And we say

That we garnered the best

From our tragedies and honesties

Allows us to digress

And this

This is the end

Let’s clean up the mess to this party

And do it all again


Open up your eyes

And take on the world with barricades

On stationary lies

No comments: